Fine art. Documentary. Travel. Portraits.




nancy@nancyophotography.com 971.998.6140
All rights reserved.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

111/365 Portland Gay Pride Parade - A few favorite faces

Went down to the Portland Gay Pride Parade to support my brother and enjoy the fun.  It was a chilly, drizzly morning, but it didn't dampen the energy and good mood of the day.  I wandered around the staging area for the parade watching the prepartions, talking with people, and taking a few photos.  I have to say, I love the gay community.  Now, I know there are good people and jerks in every segment of society, but  most of the gay folks I know are just friendly, non-judgemental, live and let live kind of people...and I find that very appealing. From the Dykes on Bikes, to the Queens, to the Bears, the flamboyant and the meek...I love their diversity and their spirit. 

I spied this woman from across the street and was drawn to her cool look and haughty attitude.  She let me photograph her, staring right into my camera, but never smiling.  I'd love to photograph her again.

She had rainbow from head to toe, from her multi-shaded eyes to her rainbow snakeskin peeptoe shoes...gorgeous!

Pride pooch rode with the Dykes on Bikes.

Imperial Rose Court Royalty...that's my brother in the middle (handsome, isn't he?).

Yeah, they look tough...but actually were quite tender with each other.  The man sitting is actually in a wheelchair and the man in the muzzle was helping him manuever the crowds and curbs.

This guy was wearing a chicken suit (sans chicken head because it wouldn't fit over his spectacular mustache). 

No comments:

Post a Comment