Fine art. Documentary. Travel. Portraits.




nancy@nancyophotography.com 971.998.6140
All rights reserved.

Friday, September 16, 2011

124/365 Jessica

My daughter Jessica lives in town with me and we do a lot of things together...which mean she often ends up being my model - a lot.  She's a good sport most of the time, always willing to pose for me patiently when I find an interesting spot to take a photo or beautiful lighting I want to experiment with.

I took this photo of Jessica on her birthday in early May up by Skamania Lodge.  We were walking through the woods and stumbled across an old metal shed.  I asked her to stand in front of the wall.  She scooped up Skeeter, her 3 pound dog, and tucked her inside her coat and posed.  I'm not sure why I love this photo so much.  Maybe it's the grungy backdrop, or the beautiful diffused lighting, or the way Jessica's amazing cheekbones and blue eyes stand out...I think mostly though it's because to me, this photo capture's Jessica gentle spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment