Fine art. Documentary. Travel. Portraits.




nancy@nancyophotography.com 971.998.6140
All rights reserved.

Monday, June 20, 2011

100/365 The people of Mexico

I truly enjoyed watching the people of Mexico in their daily lives.  It seemed as though they lived at a much less hurried pace than we do in America.  Families strolled the streets in the evening, the adults visiting with each other while the children played and ate popsicles.  They stopped and chatted with each other when they went about their daily routines of buying groceries or running errands.  And..they smiled a lot.  They were so friendly, that I found myself over and over wishing I spoke Spanish so I could join in on the conversation and feel more a part of this community of happy souls.

This little girl was playing in the town square with several other little girls.  I passed her and she called out to me.  She wanted me to take her picture.  When I pointed the camera at her, all her little friends ran away, but this bold little girl looked right into the camera.  After I took her photo she thanked me, waved, and scurried off to be with her friends.

While visiting a small farming community I passed this fruit stand.  The guy in the purple shirt owns the store and saw me taking photos of the tomatoes.  He kind of chuckled at me and then I  stepped back and pointed my camera at him.  He nodded and let me take his photo and laughed again.  I think he thought it funny that I would find his fruit stand so interesting.



There were several of these little outdoor shoeshine stands in the town square and they did a brisk business. 

Piper and I visited Rancho Grande Los Pinos about 30 miles outside of Puerto Vallarta.  Rosario was doing a little cooking demonstration for our group and stopped for a moment to pose with our bus driver Andrew (who was a crack up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment