Fine art. Documentary. Travel. Portraits.




nancy@nancyophotography.com 971.998.6140
All rights reserved.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

91/365 Mom's hat

Had an assignment for class to take a self-portrait. It's to be a photo of us with something important to us. For me, the most important thing in my life is my family...and one family member I've been thinking alot about lately is my Mother.  My mother loved hats...all kinds...fur, feathers, flowers, veils, straw, knit, or felt.  She wore them to church, to weddings, to Easter Brunch, and to Sunday tea.  She let me borrow her hats every once in awhile (when I found the need for a fancy hat), and this one was always my favorite.  I wore it several times to various different teas.  It made me feel ladylike, and a bit more civilized.  When Mom passed a few years ago, I got several of her hats.  I still wear them occasionally, but most often, when I'm alone in the house, I pull them out of their boxes, hold them in my hands...admire their beautiful craftsmanship and  I'll close my eyes and remember the loveliest lady of them all....my Mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment