Fine art. Documentary. Travel. Portraits.




nancy@nancyophotography.com 971.998.6140
All rights reserved.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

77/365 Sky Blue Pink

I had moved to Burbank after my second divorce so I could live closer to my children.  It was one of the best and yet worst times in my life.  I was lonely, depressed and confused....but I also discovered "me" during that time and made a vow I would never again alter my true self to satisfy a man. I spent a lot of time alone, but I also spent some wonderful time with my daughters.  One of our favorite things to do was to visit a boutique in Burbank called Sky Blue Pink.  It was a small place filled with funky, affordable clothes.  We'd spend several hours picking through the clothes and then taking turns in the lone fitting room trying on floral skirts, striped pants, and graphic tees.  After shopping we'd usually end up at lunch some place in Burbank, often at Mi Piace, a favorite Italian restaurant.  That was years ago.  I've long since left Burbank.  But sometimes I still think about Sky Blue Pink with a wistful fondness....not because I miss shopping there, but because of that bittersweet time in my life.  Last week Eric and I were walking around the Pearl on a rare only partly cloudy day.  I looked up and saw Big Pink framed by the blue sky....and I was transported to Burbank.

No comments:

Post a Comment